Thursday, January 15, 2015

Memories~ After 52 years, My trip to Ocean View Rv Park

It is so wonderful to be here again. I loved living in this motorhome park when I was 9. Loved walking across the then 2 lane highway, now 4 lanes,  to the beach, collecting shells and splashing in the water. It is still as private and wonderful as it was then. And, this park is so much the same, only now surrounded by Walmart, Mcdonald's, high rise hotels and yet here it is unchanged. In fact the actual motor home that I lived in was here until just a few months ago. The son of the original owners of the park, the Terrico family,still runs the park and I was so amazed he remembered our family. It was wonderful reminiscing about the old days here, in fact he even gave me some pictures he had from back then~ This was definitely something on my bucket list, I am so happy I got to make this trip. I remember how sad I was when we had to move back to Wisconsin after the wonderful year here. We will be here for a week.

Tomorrow, we will take Teddy to the dog beach~ pictures to follow~

Here it is " My Beach "




How fitting in the parking lot at the Canova Dog Park , there is a Nathan's Hot Dog wagon... and of course dogs eat free ( treats in a jar for man's best friend )







No comments:

Post a Comment